Wednesday, July 20, 2011

-- I Gotta Use the John...

In an attempt to beat the heat, we packed up the Supervan early in the morning and said so-long to Devils Tower, Wyoming.


My dad said today's destination was Billings, Montana.  These drives are tough sometimes as I never know if the ride is going to be a short one or a long one.  After a couple of hours of riding shotgun in the Supervan, I was getting a little restless.  I stared at my dad as he drove and I gave him my best "I-gotta-use-the-john" pout.  My dad nodded his head and said we could pull over at a rest stop. 
Read my lips... I gotta use the john...

After taking care of business, I struck a pose (showing my good side) wearing my new bandana for the day; I call it my Montana bandana... hah It's got a western theme with cowboys riding on horses.

Everything was situation normal-- until I thought I smelled a critter lurking in the open field. 
Ain't I a good sniffer-outter?

All avenues turned up empty.  Dang.

Here is a self-portrait of me with my mom.  She held the camera and I said cheese …
Ain't I photogenic little devil?

After our rest, we got back into our Supervan and crossed the Montana state border…




We passed the Little Bighorn Battlefield--

When I saw Custer, I politely asked him and his crew to pose for a quick photo:
Ha ha... just kiddin'

Then we passed by the latest technology in teepees before they went out of style this was a teepee with air conditioning

We saw more rolled up hay-bale carpets along the way (I’m still trying to figure out how they do that):

We finally arrived at our destination for the day-- the KOA Kampgrounds in Billings, Montana.  We ate dinner at “Pistol Pete’s Bar-B-Q” inside the campground…  Hey, it wasn't a 4-star restaurant, but when you're hungry and you don't want to drive anywhere, it's just fine.
Yee Haw!

I wasn’t allowed in the eating area, so I had to wait patiently while tied to a nearby fence.  I was so jealous…
Gee wiz...  I want some...

But I got a piece of bread with my doggy food, so I had a full belly…

Here is a photo of our campsite--

My dad reserved a “premium” campsite for us, which included an umbrella table and a swing.  My mom invited me up on the swing with her (haha).  The swinging motion was making me even more sleepy and I soon fell asleep on my mom’s lap...
I always wanted to be a lap-dog...


No comments:

Post a Comment