Friday, July 1, 2011

-- Cock-a-doodle Fool...

Our journey continues on to Utah.  First stop, the gas station.  While my dad filled up the Supervan, my mom cleaned the windshield for me so I could get a better view.  I didn’t even have to call shot gun today.  I think my mom realizes the seating chart now and we don’t have to make it an issue anymore. 

The early morning sun was shining through my side window, and it felt good on my snout as the air conditioner vent blasted up my nostrils. 
A winning combination. 

After a couple of hours, all was quiet in the back seat and I figured my mom was taking a nap.  I turned to look back at her and then shook my head in disgust.  She was curling her hair with a curling iron!  OMG Mom.  We are camping.  Sheesh.  We don't care what your hair looks like.  Girls are so funny that way.  I mean, I don’t even wipe, and people still think I am beautiful when I walk on the street. 

We stopped for lunch in Delta, Utah.  My dad was in the mood for Mexican food and we found a restaurant off the main drag, “Mi Rancherito.” 

I wasn’t allowed inside and there was no outside seating, so my mom and dad told me to be a good boy and they would bring me a tortilla or something.  I got curious and decided to peek in the window.

It was supposed to be an authentic Mexican restaurant, and it looked like it to me.  In fact, there was a hand-painted wall mural depicting a story. 
From what I could tell, two men were holding these birds called “roosters” while everyone crowded around.  There were mariachi men and a pretty woman wearing a pink dress with big milkers.  Other men were throwing money into the ring and I’m certain it was because they were waiting to see how much the roosters were going to like each other once the two men let go of them.  Anyway, that was my take on it.

I got my tortilla and we pressed on.  Utah is a nice place.  My mom took a lot of pictures while my dad drove the Supervan.  I wish my brothers could be here with us...

Along the way, my dad stopped by the side of the road to look at the mountains.  When he let me outside, I got the urge.  I took a big dump while enjoying an awesome view. 

I kinda felt bad for my mom, cuz she had to get the poop bag and clean up after me, and then carry it with her in the Supervan cuz there was no trash can where we stopped.  Oh well, mom's are the best.

A few minutes later, we arrived in Torrey, Utah, at the Thousand Lakes
RV Park.

This place was cool!  I loved our campsite.  Check it out:

So far, I’ve noticed a few tent-campers, lots of little kids, but no squirrels.  We are staying here a couple of days, so I will keep my eyes open. 


No comments:

Post a Comment