Tuesday, November 11, 2014

-- Weird Trees and Big Rocks (Day 1)


Yippee hai-ya! We headed out on a new journey today. Destination: Florida.  Yep, that’s what my dad said.  We’re in no hurry to get there, so we plan to make lots of stops along the way.

Today is Veteran’s Day and I tip my red-white-and-blue bandana to all of our military -- especially my brother, Rich. A big WOOF goes out to all of you for your service to our country.
Don't I look excited???
 
Our first stop was at a place called "Joshua Tree National Park". Funny looking place if you ask me. Weird trees and big rocks.  It kinda looked like a giant took poops all over the place.
 


 
My mom said to my dad, “This is a forest? What kind of trees are these?”
Duh, Mom.... seriously???
My dad said, “Um, Joshua trees...” 
 
 
We found a cool campsite for the Supervan.  I got to explore the rocks.

 
 
Climbing these rocks reminded me of when my brother Rob once climbed some rocks...
Just don't look down, Rob
Okay, those were different kind of rocks...


 
Back to my story. My mom helped me climb on top of a BIG rock. I felt like I was King of the World!  
Move over, Leonardo -- make room for SuperTank
Great view for squirrel-watching. Alas, no squirrels in this town.  


After we set up camp, it started to get dark. Dad took me for a walk so I could do my business.
I’m no match for a giant, but I got to make a pretty big poop, if I do say so myself.
 



.

No comments:

Post a Comment