Wednesday, November 26, 2014

-- A Visit With Aunt Ruth (Day 16)



We slept on wet pillows last night. Apparently, the back door of the Supervan wasnt shut securely and the rain invited itself inside.  When Dad took me out for my morning potty break, we finally saw the Silver Springs campgrounds in the light of day:
 
Nice place.  Woulda been fun to hang around and check out the trails, but we have a lot on our plate today.  Our destination is Miami, but first we’re gonna make a stop in Venice to visit my dads Aunt Ruth.

We are currently at the blue dot (top),
heading for the little red dot (mid-left),
then Miami (bottom right).
 

Looks like more rain today until we get to south. Bleh:
Mom must be obsessed with maps today...

 
The traffic sucked Florida oranges (hahaha, I'm so funny... yeah).

No, serious, the traffic sucked.
 
 
We finally stopped for lunch at Chilis -- I got zilch. Im so ticked off Im not even going to supply a photo of the establishment.
Just because I'm ticked
 
Aunt Ruths house was only a few miles down the road. Mom and Dad left me in the Supervan while they walked up to the front door, and guess what the first thing Aunt Ruth said? “Wheres Tank?”  Uh-huh, that's right, Boo.  Mom had to come back and get me.

The four of us visited on Aunt Ruths patio overlooking the water.
Not pictured:  Mom, the photographer -- duh
.

Aunt Ruth loves me, what can I say? I just have that effect on people, I suppose.
That's right, just keep on lovin' me up

 

Mom and Dad continued to chat with Aunt Ruth while I was on gator-watch.
 

After a while, it was time to get back on the road.  We still had 3 1/2 hours to go before we reach Miami tonight. So we said farewell and adieu to Aunt Ruth and climbed back into the Supervan.
 

Mom went a little photo-nuts when the rain cleared up.

 

 
 



We arrived at our hotel, the Fontainebleau (try to pronounce that one, I dare you) in Miami. 

 
 


Rob doesn't arrive until later tonight.  I don't know if I can stay awake long enough, but tomorrow when I see him, I hope I don't wet myself from excitement. 



.

No comments:

Post a Comment