Monday, November 24, 2014

-- Keeping Our Distance (Day 14)



 
Our new alarm clock woke us up at about 6am (aka Mom’s coughing fit).  Mom says she hasnt had a bad cold like this since my brothers were in grade school. I guess they brought home a lot of germs back then.

Mom, coughing up a lung
 
 
 
Today was another travel day.  We continued east on I-10.  Sure are lots of swamps around here. 
Henderson Swamp
 
 
 
The interstate was like one looooong mega-bridge.


 
 
We crossed over the Mississippi River -- even though we were still in Louisiana -- geez, I'm so confused...
cue theme song from Taxi
 
 
 
We stopped for lunch at a place called Zea Rotisserie & Grill.  It was dee-lish! 
Wish they had these restaurants in So Cal
 
 
Then we crossed into Mississippi:

What has four I's but can't see?   hahaha

 
 
Another one of Mom's photographic failures:
Nice try, Mom
 

All of a sudden, we were in Alabama!
 


Inside the George C. Wallace Tunnel in Mobile, Alabama:
 
Hold your breath -- We're underneath the Mobile River!



All the excitement of the drive made me sleepy.  I stuck my nose in the vent and took a snooze.





When I woke up, it was just in time to cross the state border into Florida:






Tonight, we're camping at the Blackwater River State Park.
 
 
 
 
Dad took me for a sunset walk:


 
 
We walked to the Blackwater River and saw this sign:


 
 
Looks like I won't be squirrel-hunting in this area...
 
C'mon in, Tank.  The water's fine...
 
 
 
Egads.  I want my mommy.
 
 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment