Friday, September 9, 2011

-- A Day at Rincon...

Last night I had a dream that I was running through the waves of the Pacific Ocean, chasing after a dirty ol' stick my dad threw into the water...  Then I woke up, and realized we were still at the beach.  I looked over at my mom and dad and couldn't understand why they were so lazy.  I licked my mom's foot to wake her up.  It was already 6:00am for cryin' out loud... 
My mom looked at me and went back to sleep.  Ugh...

Finally, my dad got up and we went for a long walk along the beach while my mom got her "beauty sleep."  Boy did she need it.  (sorry Mom)

While my mom and dad messed around with their laptops all morning, I stared at the waves in anticipation--my dad said we could play with my ball after lunch.  Then my mom told him that there was "no more ball"...

You see, I had a little incident yesterday-- my mom bought a sparkly purple ball for me at the store.  She called it a 'high-value toy.'  This was something my Aunt Teeta explained to my mom-- when there is a toy that a doggy can't be trusted to play nicely with alone (because it will most likely be annihilated), it is referred to as a "high-value" toy.  My Aunt Teeta learned this right away from my cousin Ruby-the-Destructor.  Anyway, back to my story, I chased after the purple ball a few times in the water yesterday, but each time I brought it back, I would chew on it a little before giving it up.  After about the third time, my mom got distracted and she didn't take the ball back from me right away and I bit into it and popped it. 

Oops. 

I just couldn't help myself. 

So for now, I guess it's back to fetching a stick...



After a fun day at the beach, I took a long nap.  So did my dad, and he didn't even play in the water. 


.

No comments:

Post a Comment