Wednesday, June 29, 2011

-- Wash, Dry, and a Cut

Yosemite was worth staying awake through the pass.  After so much beauty, I tuckered out and switched places with my mom so she could borrow my seat in the front.  We stopped on the side of the road when we noticed it was snowing.  That sure was different than the weather at home!  I got to get out of the Supervan and traipse through the cold white stuff.  I even took a pee in it.  And yes, I even looked for squirrels...
 


Those squirrels are tricky little devils and could be hiding anywhere.  After a while, I had enough and jumped back into the warm Supervan.  I could feel a nap coming on. 

We stopped for lunch in a town named Lee Vining.  We weren’t sure where to find squirrels, so we decided to stay local at Mono Vista RV Park for the night and get an early start in the morning. 



It wasn’t very big, and my hopes in squirrel hunting are small.  There was a big fatty white bird in our space when we pulled in, but he saw me in the window giving him the evil eye and he wisely left the area in a hurry. 

Here’s a photo of our campsite:

Later on, my mom decided to wash some clothes while we stayed there.  While my mom was waiting for her clothes to dry, a couple of campers entered the laundry facility and decided to turn it into a personal barber shop right in front of my mom.  Take a look at this pic my mom sneaked while they weren’t looking:   
Can you believe that?  My mom thought she was on Candid Camera or something.  He's wearing a lovely apron though, don't you think? 

By the time my mom got back to the Supervan with the laundry, she was in a lousy mood.  And to make matters worse, it was already 7pm and my dad didn’t even have dinner started (as if).  I could have sworn I heard her doing a Muttley impression…


And she had that look on her face the whole time she was cooking dinner and I knew it wasn’t a good time for me to be a bad boy.  I just tried to stay clear.  You don’t want to mess with my mom when she gets like that, y’know?  Just sayin’.  

Guess I will have to look for squirrels tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment