Friday, November 28, 2014

-- Black Friday (Day 18)



Black Friday


Another bee-u-tee-ful day in Miami Beach.  We all got to sleep in today (which I do everyday, so it was no big deal, but everyone else enjoyed the extended snooze time).

Then Dad and I ate a late breakfast on the balcony.





Today is Black Friday.  What does that mean?  Well, my mom will tell you, "The more you shop, the more you save." 

But my dad ain't fallin' for that line. If you ask him, Black Friday means standing in long lines and spending money. 




So Mom had to put on her best pouty look:





That did the trick.  Dad gave in.

Woo hoo!  We're going shopping!




As for me, I'd rather be outside sniffing the trees and bushes for other dogs' pee smells.  Hey Boo, don't judge -- I'm a dog, okay?





We ate lunch at a place called "Havana 1957." 








The ladies there loved me.





On the way to the mall, I spied the enemy.  We had a stare-down contest and it was a draw.  Finally, Mom pulled me away.
Don't blink





Then came the shopping.
Okay, haha  -- that's not Mom


Back at the hotel, we all took a nap.  It wasn't long before we started thinking about dinner.  (Yeah, right?) Rob and Dad did some searching on the Internet and they found a dece restaurant in town called "Texas de Brazil."  Lots of meat, I'm told.  Sounds dee-lish.

Of course I couldn't go in the restaurant, but Mom promised me she'd bring me some bread. 






The guys come to your table and slice up some meat from a stick. 
And it's endless.  Bring it on... 
Dad says, Gimme some o' dat filet mignon


There was flank steak, filet mignon, leg of lamb, picanha steak (that was Mom's favorite), sirloin, Brazilian sausage, and beef ribs, just to name a few. 
Yeah, buddy -- I hear ya.  I got my drool goin' too



After dinner, Mom and Dad waddled into our room.  Fatties. 

"Come closer, Sue..."                                                
                                   "...Uh, this is as close as I can get, Rich."




Mom kept her promise, though.  She remembered to bring me a piece of bread.

...and now I'm a fatty, too.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment